Saturday, February 11, 2012

Maybe a UUCDC blog?

Mary has a good post above on social media, please read and respond if you haven't.

But in addition, here's some blog links to get you started thinking about this way to connect our church within and without our walls.  Would love to find a blog lover out there to take this on for us!

At the last meeting, I volunteered to look for UU churches that have blogs.  I found a variety of approaches - some as part of websites, some by ministers, and some by individuals (I didn't list those - just Google search if you have a free afternoon!)  The ones I like are up-to-date, pleasing visually, and have thought-provoking posts with comments/discussion in response.  Information only blogs, seem like website calendars to me, but I know many think that's the way to go. 

Good place to start, is info on the UUA website for developing a blog (and other social media) for any of our group who might pursue this idea for us.  They have their own UUA blogs and links to others.


Some UU church and UU connected blogs:

There are many others to add to this list.  Please post any good ones you find for us to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment